1422369_299138060258456_7835041146124726716_n

 

I've long had an attraction to the Victorian era. It started at a very young age, perhaps ten or so, probably with my first viewing of Bram Stoker's Dracula. I became obsessed with the story and the mythos behind the characters, devouring whatever books I could find. With it, came studies of Victorian costume and tradition, including the practice of Mourning.

Mourning customs have been in place since man began, but it was in the late 1800s that the jewelry and costumes were made popular, even fashionable. Attire and jewels were then available via mass production, thus making them more accessible to the population. The Victorian era was so rigid with their customs and formality, and this was an acceptable expression of public grief.

My fascination with oddities and peculiar pieces is no secret. I've collected specimens for as long as I can remember, and spent many hours (possibly days when it's all added up!) wandering through antique shops. I'm very happy to announce that my passion for this is now expanding into the Disco Witch shop. Over the coming weeks, I'll be adding pieces to the shop for collectors such as myself.

To make room for these new additions, I'm hosting a clearance sale. Use code SUMMER for an additional 20% off everything listed in the Sale Section, and for 20% off the entire Disco Witch Etsy shop.

Thank you so much for your support, it means the world to me.

Disco Witch Vintage