image

hello, friends! It has been more than just a brief hiatus, life this year has had a way of interfering with itself. Things are well and good, overall, although my husband tells me that I dwell in a melancholy I thought I had abandoned. Old habits, eh?

image

There are times I feel like these statues, I drove past them on St. Claude a few weeks ago and saw them out my window, I had to go back to photograph them. The larger of the two was upright the first I saw him, already missing his head, but by the time I had returned he was on his side with some crude graffiti across his collar. I spent most of today feeling like this, a migraine had me hiding in a dark room while a white hot light strobed inside my temples. These headaches have become more frequent over the past year, and I kept thinking of this statue, wondering if it would be a relief to be made of stone, resting in the overgrowth.

I suppose there's that melancholy he was talking about.

image