IMG_6096

555

A few weeks back, I posted something to Haute Macabre explaining that we were evolving style-wise, and were more interested in vintage inspired looks over the layered and draped fashion that HM had always subscribed to. Our readers responded to this with about a 50/50 split. Half of them were all for new content with a different approach, and the other half felt that we were going to become some sort of boho-thrift store-high waisted mess.

First off, my bottom half is way too big for any sort of high waisted anything. My hips lay around where most people have their knees, and for a relatively small lady, my backside leaves the room long after my front does. Second, I'd like to know exactly what trip all of the naysayers think we're on if they expect us to suddenly have the worst of the worst taste just because we're changing our look a wee bit.

I'll never use Haute Macabre to post outfit shots. It's not any sort of personal / personality blog, and to insert that at this point in its' lifetime would feel cheap and forced. However, I am totally comfortable with the occasional cross promotion, just to show our friends out there that we've still got some style, even in Etsy Vintage.

At least, I think I do.

555 Untitled-3

555

The Components ::
Dress :: vintage, via Etsy
Planchette Jewels :: BloodMilk, as always
Rings :: Erosion Armor by Adelina Mictlan, Joy Division ring was a gift from my loving man
Shoes :: Jeffrey Campbell Dulles Oxford

555

IMG_6128

555

I would absolutely love to see how everyone else's styles have evolved over the years. Nixon and I haven't actually see one another in person since 2009, but we simultaneously started changing to a similar style, unbeknownst to one another. Ever since, I've wondered if the rest of our readers have done the same. I've wondered if it's because we've gotten older and have cared less, or if we've just gotten tired of the same old uniforms.

555

Untitled-2

555